Friday, April 6, 2007

Neff & Stark "Permanently Beta"

Neff wins my applause for combining a shitload of subjects that are interesting, fun, and relevant, and then combining them with rhetoric. The final article assigned for 810 this week is about the rhetoric of production in the Internet; specifically the never-ending beta stage, the community development rhetoric, and design in process product. Culture, technology, rhetoric...I'm envious of her work.

For her visit to class I'm interested in her academic background, how she became interested in the subjects she writes about, and what kind of support she gets from her department. Additionally, I'd like to know how she feels about the constructionist nature of her work. Any research is prone to criticism from others (that's an understatement), but it seems as though the type of work she does may draw more criticism towards its methods than other research. I'd really like to know how she defends herself against critics.

I'm really looking forward to the visit.

No comments: